Saturday, September 19, 2020

RE-UP Pink Floyd - The Syd Barrett Story




Syd Barrett  Before the Piper, and After

Here's a work I put together recently. Yes, yet another Syd collection. I was digging through my files and found some unlabeled obscure stuff downloaded from god knows when and where. No real crazy diamonds here, but maybe something of worth for the completionist out there ***sighs forlornly***. I can only imagine how berzerk I'd be if this internet thing was around in my halcyon days of Floydian lust. Digging through dusty basements of very cool record stores in search of the elusive bootleg vinyl find! Ahh...but those days...
As passionate love will eventually shift to compassionate love, Pink Floyd will forever fill my soul.
***gets a nudge***
Sorry about that. Anyway, Here's my dedication to Mr. Roger Barrett. Syd to you and me. A collection of works from the very beginning to sadly, the very end. Most here is presented in FLAC, with all the 'infos' that I have.




A collection of early vinyl rips, with lovely warm scratches and all, but with a very poor bit rate, I've added as 'Relics'.




The live half of the show is a couple of Floyds earliest. Not too hard to find, but here they are, together.
Syd's final concert (mp3160) and final recording sessions end the story.
Syd's legacy will forever live on throughout the minds of Floyd fans and the rock music pantheon of lost masterminds. A passion that burns so bright, a vision so clear, a motivation to create in the realist of terms, the purist expression of self.



                                                                                     
  

                                                                               Oddments                                              




No comments:

Post a Comment