Saturday, September 19, 2020

Pink Floyd - Live Cleveland June 1977 NEW FLAC VERSION





Pink Floyd
25th June 1977
Municipal Stadium,
Cleveland, Ohio USA

Bootleg Title: Have You Heard The News? [Spectre Edit]
Source: Audience Recording
Quality: EX- 
Mp3 320

Total Length: 129min 41sec  [69:22 + 60:19]
Artwork: Included [new and original]
Remastered and equalized by: pinkfloyd77 pinkfloyd@op.pl on 08-24-2005.
Speed corrected/edited/remastered by: Spectre spectre@planetspectre.com on 09-04-2005.

Setlist:

Disc 1:
1. Announcement - Introduction [2:32]
2. Sheep [12:21]
3. Pigs On The Wing Part 1 [1:34]
4. Dogs [17:32]
5. Pigs On The Wing Part 2 [2:49]
6. Pigs (Three Different Ones) [21:17]
7. Announcement - Leave That Pig Alone [0:27]
8. Shine On You Crazy Diamond Parts 1-5 [10:50]

Disc 2:
1. Welcome To The Machine [8:04]
2. Have A Cigar [5:59]
3. Wish You Were Here [5:50]
4. Shine On You Crazy Diamond Parts 6-9 [22:02]
5. Money [11:39]
6. Us And Them [6:45]

*Original Comments: 
An excellent recording in need of a little speed correction and editing. Speed corrected using Audacity 1.2.3, removed SBEs, and FLAC'd. Then all WAV files run through Sound Forge 8.0, manually removed lots of pops/digiclicks, smoothed over some rough areas, smoothed transitions between songs, recut a couple songs for better playability, switched last two songs for show accuracy, cleared out SBEs in new files, and redid artwork to reflect new setlist. This isn't perfect, but a majority of the distracting pops and clicks were removed.No equalization or normalization was done to this show.

More notes...
-- This would have come out a lot better if I had a "Sit Down" filter for Sound Forge. I swear people were yelling this through the first two-thirds of the show. 

-- I split the announcements off the end of Pigs-Three Different Ones Seemed like they would be more appropriate
as a separate track than added to the end of the song. Track transitions that couldn't be done
fairly evenly due to poor levels between tracks or other issues were done with short fades. I
tried to avoid having tracks sounding like they were poorly patched together.

-- Some songs had some weird level issues in them. I didn't mess with this or apply eq to them.
I wanted to preserve the songs as much as possible and I wouldn't have had much luck with some
of the areas.

-- There are A LOT [and I mean A LOT] of tiny clicks throughout this show. It would have destroyed
it to remove them all. I attacked them fairly aggressively when I started, but started ignoring 
them as I went along. The pops and cracks [and a few booms] were what I concentrated on since these
really detracted from the listening experience.

-- I didn't spend too much time messing with the announcement tracks. Since it was essentially
talking, I didn't worry too much about them.

-- Somewhere around 10:00-10:30 into Money, things got pretty ugly for the recording...not sure
what the deal was...a huge stream of pops, clicks, and noise. I trimmed down most of it, but don't expect 
too much of an improvement. I also removed the taper's commentary at the end and terminated with
a 2 sec fade out because...

-- Us and Them also seems to be suffering from possible taper hardware issues. Most of the instrumental
intro is missing and was replaced by a screech. Removed screech, added 2 sec fade in, and left
some crowd noise at the beginning so you don't miss anymore of the beginning of the song. 

-- Keep in mind this recording was far from perfect audio when I started. Some imperfections simply
made it worse when I edited them, so they were left alone. In cases where pops were in a rapid sequence,
I trimmed them down, but removal would have left "skips" in the flow of the song, so they weren't 
completely removed. Please don't approach this expecting a pristine remaster, because that's not what
this is. I probably could have spent months on this, but I doubt I have the mental strength to deal
with the "Sit Down" crowd for that long. There is always room for another tweak here and there, but 
I think this is good enough at this point.

Thanks to pinkfloyd77 for providing the previous version of this show to the masses. Very much 
appreciated! 

Enjoy!
[Spectre]

DOWNLOAD FLAC


No comments:

Post a Comment