Sunday, August 31, 2014

Jethro Tull - Boston 1970





Jethro Tull - Boston Tea Party 1970
Boston Tea Party
Boston
Massachusetts
07/10/1970

Mp3 CBR 320kbps - Reel-to-Reel
-VG

*Original Notes and Track List Comments (?)
01 intro 1:10
02 Nothing is Easy 5:34
03 Intro 2:04
04 My God 12:15
05 huh? 0:12
06 To Cry You a Song 5:40
07 intro 0:32
08 With You There To Help Me (only a fragment) 0:33
09 By Kind Permission Of 7:23
10 talk 1 1:47
11 talk 2 0:17
12 Dharma for One 8:26
 - tape flip -
11 junk 0:16
12 We Used to Know and Guitar Solo (incomplete) 10:41


-----------------------------------------


1st gen cassette copy off master reel to reel

FRESH TRANSFER WITH AZIMUTH ADJUSTMENT


*************** RESEED (almost) ***************
I seeded this show a few years ago.
I lost the FLAC files in a hard drive crash so I've made a fresh transfer.
This is from the 1st gen cassette copy of master reel.
I doubt the sound quality is very different, if any, from my previous seed.
It's about 30 seconds longer. I probably trimmed more audience chatter and such on the first go round. There is not any more "music" on this one.
*************** RESEED (almost) ***************

1st gen copy off master reel to reel

--------------------------
There is at least one other version of this show circulating.
I don't know if it is more complete or how it sounds.
A trader told me he had a copy and since I know that my source had
never traded his version of the show, there must have been two
recorders at the Boston Tea Party that evening 40 years ago.

After doing a cassette trade with a gentleman many years ago he said, "You know, I think I have an old reel to reel I made of Tull back in Boston." He found it in the proverbial "box" and sent me a cassette copy of it.

THE RECORDING IS INCOMPLETE
It is missing
some of With You There To Help Me,
some of Martin's Solo, and
all of For a 1000 Mothers

The taper shut off  his recorder between every song.
If there was more than a second of silence on my tape I removed the silence.
Otherwise, you have the complete tape.

Hope you enjoy it

--------------------------
THE BAND
Ian Anderson - vocal, flute, guitar
Martin Barre - guitar
Glenn Cornick - bass
Clive Bunker - drums
John Evan - keyboards

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment