Thursday, October 23, 2014

Procol Harum - Rockpalast TV 1976








MP3 256
VG+

*Original Notes
Recorded at the famous Rockpalast TV show on the 17th of January 1976, this is often proposed in DVD format but here only in audio file. The sound is quite deceiving for a TV show but I never found a better one (even on the payment sites). The setlist is much better than the Faithfield Halls one (no awful "Blue Danube" here, neither the weak "I Keep Forgetting"). And the playing is also much better (strange since a TV show should decrease the individual involvement of musicians compared to a stage) with in particular a fantastic organ work done by Chris Copping and a great Mick Grabham (listen to him on "The Unquiet Zone" and tell me if he's not an axe master). A shame that the sound doesn't allow to taste the revived quality of the band. Even if this seems to contradicts what I wrote about the band in my previous post, I still created a cover sleeve with skeletons (actually only one). More a joke than anything else.

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment