Sunday, February 14, 2016

Nick Drake - John Peel Sessions 1969





Nick Drake
John Peel Session 1969
Both FLAC and 320 MP3

EX

Excellent sounding recording of Nick Drake's early and sadly little appreciated work at the time. Nick was never happy with the final recordings of his music, he didn't like the orchestral arrangements and over production. He felt it should be just about him and the guitar. The music here is presented more in tune to how Nick wished it to be, more stripped down and "pure" (my word). A short but very nice listen.

One Brown Mouse

1 Time Of No Reply
2 River Man
3 Three Hours
4 Bryter Layter
5 Cello Song

Download

7 comments:

  1. Excellent, first time I've seen this anywhere.
    Thanks - great blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much.
    Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also thank you very much from me. I've always wondered how these songs was performed live.
    Cheers from Jan (Denmark)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Belated thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy. I'm looking forward to this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never come across this one before so I'm looking forward to listening to it. Many thanks!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete