Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Shit show

Life just drags you down sometimes. This week is one of them. I walked into work this week, Monday afternoon (as my shift would be), and was promptly invited into the boss's office, him with gleaming white papers in hand. (now when I say invited, it was more of him walking up to me within an eight foot range pointing at me, and wiggling his finger). I knew my day was going to be different. Entering his well windowed, in full view of the shop floor office, I was invited to have a seat and not introduced to the young lady to my right, apparently an HR minion. We never spoke. With greasy smile and swift gesture my virginal white papers were delivered to me with legal(ish) precision and intent. Little word and no explaination was offered, but the message was solid, I was terminated. Oh yes, the HR minion, did say I could contact her. 
Really, inside, I couldn't keep from smiling, I knew this was coming for a while. Actually I was more worried that this was a disciplinary meeting instead of the full bullet. I want the full bandage tear off, not a long slow hair pulling agony. 
I wasn't disappointed. 

Truth is, I do know why I was fired. Lets call it an incompatability issue. Their demands far outreached my resources. In other words, they worked you like an animal. Bottom line, good pay and all - I just wasn't happy.

So, as your favourite Blogger, I thought I'd share a bit of my colourful(ish) ha! life. Not that any of you care, so I'll shut up. More tunes to come.

OneBrownMouse




1 comment:

  1. Been there Done that. I know it sucks, but I have been at my present job 27 years after being fired from my previous job. Good luck in your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete